Sunday, January 16, 2011

Rules to Live By

The base rules for Nothing New in 2011 are as follows. Exceptions that break all the rules are in subsequent posts.

Okay to buy in 2011:

  • Groceries (try to buy local first)
  • Toiletries such as toothpaste, deodorant, laundry detergent etc.
  • Eating out when it is part of a social gathering
  • Health expenses as needed (i.e.: glasses, prescriptions, doctor visits)
  • Travel
  • Live performances
  • Fabric and craft supplies. On a budget.
  • Anything purchased with a gift card

NOT Okay to buy in 2011:

  • Gifts that are bought. It is okay for me to give money though.
  • New clothing, jewelry or accessories
  • New shoes
  • New books, magazines, movies, music etc.
  • New electronics

1 comment:

  1. You guys are so good. I'm pretty sure I couldn't do this (well, I probably could if I really wanted to, but I guess I don't really want to :) ) but you guys are inspiring! I try to buy things used when I can.

    One question about your rules, where does getting your hair done fit in? I'm getting my hair done this week and wondered if this would be allowed if I were participating.

    ReplyDelete